BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, hydro, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits.
We have The Power to Change the Future TM.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
- Reports directly to the Director, Communications
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will be accountable for supporting all corporate and project specific communications activities.
Key functions of this position include:
- Maintenance of BluEarth’s corporate website, intranet and social media presence;
- Preparing written messaging using a variety of communication mediums;
- Support strategic lobbying or other policy related communications efforts;
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the strategic communications plan;
- Assist in the planning and implementation of innovative and creative communications strategies for corporate and project-level initiatives;
- Champion the BluEarth intranet; breathe life into stories about our mission, brand, people and culture; drive employee engagement and collaboration;
- Write, edit and post content to the corporate website and social media platforms; execute the digital media strategy and calendar;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of media and journalist relationships at the federal, provincial levels;
- Coordinate the development of corporate graphics/brochures/presentations and other visual materials, including accountability to ensure corporate presentation templates are current, accurate and functional;
- Support activities related to BluEarth’s corporate philanthropy objectives;
- Provide communications advice and support in the event of an emergency or crisis;
- Work closely with project Origination & Development and Regulatory teams, to drive the development and support the execution of project communications plans targeting a variety of audiences, including landowners, community members, aboriginal communities/First Nations, government, etc.;
- Manage development and production of project-specific communications materials including letters to the editor, fact sheets, newsletters, web content, video, news releases and social media content;
- Assist in coordinating external events such as public open houses, landowner functions, community events, project milestone celebrations;
- Contribute towards continuous improvement of BluEarth’s communication strategy, best practices and processes, as well as identify new opportunities for improvement and efficiencies;
- Uphold all aspects of BluEarth’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs;
- Uphold BluEarth’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company.
As the position continues to evolve, and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions and geographies set out herein are likely.
- A Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in a communications role preferably in the energy, resource development, or related business sectors;
- Experience developing tactical communications strategies, and demonstrated success in execution of those strategies;
- Experience using web analytics and social media monitoring/measurement tools;
- Experience crafting editorial calendars and in re-purposing stories across platforms;
- Experience with corporate philanthropy and community investment programs.
Characteristics & Skills
- Proven and consistent drive to take initiative and complete tasks;
- Demonstrated effective use of social media and other online tools to achieve a variety of communications goals;
- Familiarity with and experience using web development software such as Word Press, or similar;
- Computer literacy in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Social Media platforms and video editing software would be an asset;
- Proven ability to manage concurrent projects with varying deadlines;
- Ability to build relationships and trust of others;
- Professional, respectful, and charismatic, with a great sense of humour;
- Strong work ethic and high integrity;
- Truly awesome people and interpersonal skills;
- Stellar interviewing and writing skills; knowledge on how to ask effective questions and develop rapport/trust with story subjects;
- Ability to write effectively for a wide range of mediums (print, advertising, media relations, web, social media and related technology);
- Highly motivated, action oriented, and results driven with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, team environment;
- Ability to think creatively and make the best use of technology available;
- Able to exercise good judgement, show initiative, and be proactive;
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills;
- Able to work with minimal supervision;
- Reliable and trustworthy;
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and BluEarth.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to work outside regular working hours when required.