BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We bring together extraordinary people with the power to change the future TM.
Our Core Values
- Be Passionate. We have an inner fire to do great work and leave the world a better place.
- Be Agile. We keep pace with the now and next and adapting to change runs through our veins.
- Be Proud. We go the extra mile because we are proud of our business and a job well done.
- Be Humble. We believe putting our ego aside and working together builds community and forges strong relationships.
- Be Persistent. We never give up and thrive on challenges that would unnerve others.
- Reports directly to Contract Management & Compliance Specialist, or designate.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will be responsible for managing and negotiating Purchase Order terms and conditions for a variety of goods and services.
Key functions include:
- Supporting the accurate entry of contracts into the contract management Software through all project lifecycle stages: acquisition or development, construction, and operation;
- Liaising with various teams regarding contractual commitments;
- Assisting the functional groups with the transfer of contractual commitments during various stages of the project lifecycle;
- Work with various team members to gather Purchase Order context, review exceptions to our terms and conditions or, where necessary, review vendor terms and conditions. Explain the potential impact of the exceptions or the vendor terms and provide suitable modified wording when necessary;
- Review a variety of contracts to determine commitments and ensure appropriate entry into the contract management software;
- Work collaboratively with various teams to create awareness and understanding of the commitments they are managing;
- Support continuous improvement of the contract management software and the overall contract management system (processes, tools, templates, compliance audits and training);
- Uphold all aspects of BluEarth’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs;
- Uphold BluEarth’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company; and
- Other duties as required.
As the position continues to evolve and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions set out herein are likely.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma, preferably in a commercial or contracts discipline.
- Five to eight years experience, either in contract administration or negotiation, with a solid understanding of contracts and contractual commitments;
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions for goods and services; and
- Previous, hands-on experience in a contract management capacity and with contract management systems.
- Fluent in standard commercial contract language and comfortable reading, interpreting and enforcing contract terms including Purchase Order terms and conditions;
- Capable of working collaboratively with different personality types to achieve results;
- Detail-orientated and committed to accuracy;
- Proven ability to manage sensitive information with a strong sense of diplomacy, confidentiality, and discretion;
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to manage concurrent tasks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and critical thinking skills; and
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Able to work independently and not afraid to ask questions;
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Able to remain calm under pressure and effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Displays professionalism and strong ethics, as well as being reliable and trustworthy;
- Highly motivated, with the ability to contribute and collaborate in an energetic and dynamic team environment
- Communicative, directive, and flexible;
- A sense of humour;
- Passionate about contributing to a positive work environment and development of company culture; and
- Enthusiasm for both the job and BluEarth’s initiatives and vision.
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally; and
- Ability to work outside regular business hours when required.