BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We have The Power to Change the Future TM.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
HR & Payroll Administrator – part-time
- Reports directly to Lead, Human Resources and Payroll;
- Human Resource functions report to CFO and Payroll functions report to VP, Controller.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will be accountable for providing administrative support for human resources and payroll functions. Key functions include:
Human Resources Administrative Support:
- Format job descriptions and job ads, as well as placing job ads;
- Respond to job applicants;
- Complete pre-screens and reference checks;
- Assist with interview scheduling and travel bookings for candidates;
- Assist with employment offer preparation;
- Assist with onboarding of new employees;
- Assist with worker’s compensation reporting;
- Tracking quarterly Performance Growth Program reviews and ensuring they are saved in employee files;
- Assist with planning of annual corporate retreat and other similar events, as required.
- Assist with administering company payroll, as well as be being a point of contact for employees regarding payroll related issues;
- Assist with administration of company benefit program, including supporting staff with queries and liaising with benefit providers;
- Creating and maintaining appropriate process documentation and manuals;
- Submit necessary payroll reports and journal entries to accounting;
- Maintain accurate employee files and information while ensuring private information is protected appropriately.
As the position continues to evolve, and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions and geographies set out herein are likely.
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma;
- A recognized Canadian payroll designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum three years’ payroll and benefits administration experience;
- Minimum two years’ human resources administration experience;
- Experience working within privacy guidelines for confidential information;
- Experience process payroll within multiple jurisdictions for multiple related entities.