BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We bring together extraordinary people with the power to change the future TM.
Our Core Values
- Be Passionate. We have an inner fire to do great work and leave the world a better place.
- Be Agile. We keep pace with the now and next and adapting to change runs through our veins.
- Be Proud. We go the extra mile because we are proud of our business and a job well done.
- Be Humble. We believe putting our ego aside and working together builds community and forges strong relationships.
- Be Persistent. We never give up and thrive on challenges that would unnerve others.
Permits & Licensing Clerk – Summer Student
North Vancouver, BC
Reports directly to Lead, Regulatory & Environment.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will be accountable for organizing and entering permit and license details into the Contract Management System (CMS) software system. BluEarth is currently in the process of bringing all its regulatory permits and licensing into CMS. The accurate migration of these documents into CMS will be important to ensuring BluEarth maintains compliance with all regulatory commitments.
Key functions include:
- Reviewing permits and licenses to identify commitments and obligations;
- Working with the Regulatory team to ensure understanding of obligations and accurate entry of data into CMS;
- Liaising with the Legal team to ensure CMS entries are done in accordance with CMS protocol;
- Uphold all aspects of BluEarth’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs;
- Uphold BluEarth’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company;
- Other duties as required.
As the position continues to evolve, and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions and geographies set out herein are likely.
- Post-secondary education in regulatory, land administration, law or another relevant field considered an asset.
- Experience working with permits and licences considered an asset.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Familiarity with data management systems and software programs;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to write routine reports and correspondences;
- Willingness to learn and take on new activities;
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and reschedule priorities as needed;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Work will be performed in an office environment within regular business hours.