BluEarth Asset Management (“BEAM”) is a subsidiary of BluEarth Renewables Inc. (“BluEarth”), accountable for operations and maintenance of BluEarth’s renewable energy facilities.BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We bring together extraordinary people with the power to change the future TM.
Our Core Values
- Be Passionate. We have an inner fire to do great work and leave the world a better place.
- Be Agile. We keep pace with the now and next and adapting to change runs through our veins.
- Be Proud. We go the extra mile because we are proud of our business and a job well done.
- Be Humble. We believe putting our ego aside and working together builds community and forges strong relationships.
- Be Persistent. We never give up and thrive on challenges that would unnerve others.
The Supervisor, Mainland Hydro Operations will be based out of either North Vancouver or Squamish, BC and report directly to the Director, Hydro Operations. The position will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of four hydroelectric run-of-river power plants in the Sunshine Coast area of BC.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
- Monitor and improve the performance of the hydro facilities on an ongoing basis;
- Provide leadership to operators and be involved in all areas of people management;
- Scheduling and prioritizing weekly work and coordinating projects;
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to team work, creativity and positive morale;
- Take a leading role in the development and implementation of all aspects of health & safety policies, practices and programs designed to motivate employees to reduce or eliminate occupational accidents, injuries and other hazards related to company’s operations;
- Coordinate outages to minimize production impact;
- Track short and long-term plant issues and prioritize, schedule and coordinate repairs as necessary;
- Maintain close working and harmonious relationships with all external stakeholders;
- Manage and report on plant budget allocations;
- Coordinate and manage minor maintenance and repair work both with internal staff and third-party contractors and consultants;
- Carry out maintenance, installations and troubleshooting within boundaries of competency when needed;
- Support third party service providers such as engineers and environmental consultants;
- Ensure all environmental responsibilities are adhered to on a proactive basis by working closely with conservation authorities, and all applicable government agencies, as required by the site-specific approvals, using the regulatory group to support you in this;
- Uphold all aspects of BEAM’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs and work to ensure that all activities are administered with the same care and requirements such that occupational accidents, injuries, and other hazards related to BEAM’s activities are minimized and/or avoided;
- Uphold BEAM’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company; and
- Other duties as required.
- Relevant post secondary education;
- Journeyman certificate and/or engineering certification is highly preferred.
Experience and Skills
- Previous run-of-river hydro facility operations experience considered an asset;
- Engineering and/or electrical background knowledge and experience;
- Experience implementing and overseeing projects;
- Asset management knowledge and experience;
- Experience in a growing company;
- Experience in an operationally-intensive business;
- Capable of identifying and addressing problems effectively, proactively and respectfully in order to achieve objectives of BluEarth;
- Experience leading, coaching and giving constructive feedback;
- Excellent coordination skills and demonstrated efficiency in providing support to multiple concurrent projects;
- Ability to understand technical issues and how they relate to the business;
- Ability to incorporate financial information into business decisions;
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strategic thinker – able to prioritize and move easily from big picture thinking to detailed execution work;
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Strong work ethic and high integrity;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including conflict/issue resolution;
- Action-oriented and able to work with and lead a team;
- Able to earn the trust of others;
- Persistent, dedicated and motivated;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Professional, respectful, and charismatic;
- Exercises independent judgement and discretion in performing tasks.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally;
- Physically capable of working in various plant and field conditions; and
- Ability to work a varying schedule including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as on-call;
- Ability to lift-up to 20 pounds.