BluEarth Asset Management (“BEAM”) is a subsidiary of BluEarth Renewables Inc. (“BluEarth”), accountable for operations and maintenance of BluEarth’s renewable energy facilities.BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We bring together extraordinary people with the power to change the future TM.
Our Core Values
- Be Passionate. We have an inner fire to do great work and leave the world a better place.
- Be Agile. We keep pace with the now and next and adapting to change runs through our veins.
- Be Proud. We go the extra mile because we are proud of our business and a job well done.
- Be Humble. We believe putting our ego aside and working together builds community and forges strong relationships.
- Be Persistent. We never give up and thrive on challenges that would unnerve others.
This position will be accountable for the safe and efficient operations and maintenance of the Adams & Danielson Wind Facilities, based out of the area of Cosmos, Minnesota. This position reports to the Site Supervisor, to ensure safe production operations and that annual budget targets are achieved.
Accountabilities and Duties
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs of wind turbine subassemblies and related components
- Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner
- Perform status checks including clearing error codes on wind turbines and repairing any mechanical and technical issues
- Grease/torque wind turbines
- Change gearbox oil in a designated area or wind field
- Replace mechanical components
- Service blade and hub components as required
- Inspect and facilitate maintenance of collector electrical equipment, communications systems access roads, gates, and other site infrastructure
- Complete work orders, time cards, and other paperwork when required for specific project or assignment
- Maintain respectful and harmonious working relationships with all external stakeholders on behalf of BEAM US and the owners
- Uphold all aspects of BEAM US’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs and work to ensure that all activities are administered with the same care and requirements such that occupational accidents, injuries, and other hazards related to BEAM US’s activities are minimized and/or avoided
- Uphold BEAM US’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor or upper management
- Other duties as required
- Wind Turbine Technician certificate, technical diploma or trade certificate in mechanical or electrical;
- Other equivalent combinations of directly related post-secondary education and directly related experience may be considered.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum two years of wind power experience preferred
- Experience working around high, medium, and low voltage equipment
- Technical knowledge of wind facility operations and turbines, including functionality, design, and components
- Working knowledge of high, medium, and low voltage equipment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operations, service and other procedural manuals
- Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Familiarity and competency with industry standard SCADA systems and software
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for both electrical and mechanical systems
- Familiarity with testing and troubleshooting equipment such as multimeters, voltage testers, etc.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion, as well as have confidence to ask questions to ensure clear and strategic action
- Ability to make difficult decisions and take ownership of decisions
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and manage concurrent tasks with varying deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office product such as Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Proven leadership skills, including conflict resolution
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Legally permitted to work in United States
- Ability to travel within United States and internationally
- Valid class driver’s license, satisfactory five year driver’s abstract and –three year insurance history
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Physically capable of working in various plant and field conditions, including working at heights in excess of 300 feet, and working in variable and adverse weather conditions, as long as safe to do so
- Ability to work a varying schedule as per operational requirements, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays, in addition to being on-call